Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

water will not come into the washing machine. put on a new

water will not come into the washing machine.
put on a new water inlet valve, and still no water. we checked the hoses and water is coming through them.
Submitted: 4 years ago via PartStore.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob Schauer replied 4 years ago.
HelloCustomer my name isXXXXX you locate the manufacturer's name plate and get the model number for me? Bob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi bob:

i'am sorry i should have this stuff but dont i'll take me 10 min to get

frigadaire coin op washer

i'll run and get it

thank you for your patience

steve

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

bob:

frigidaire commercial

model : fcc3000eso

s# XXXXX

Did you check to see if during the fill cycle you had power to the valves. This will take either volt meter or a lamp cord with a light socket on one end and a couple of alligator clips on the other. Check for voltage there unless you can hear the valves being opened. Sometimes if you stick a metal screw drive on the solenoid coil, not the connections, you can feel a magnetic effect. Let me know if you have already verified this or will do so. Bob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

bob :

will check this out. i did put a new valve in, and assuume that it works, but will check

thanks

No problem. Like I said, I will leave this open for a couple of days just in case you need further assistance with this problem. Bob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

BOB:

there is no power to the the valves.

steve

Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 4 years ago.
do this please ,,, set it to cold and turn on and then hot and them warm and tell me if water comes in on any of the settings please
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no , no water form any setting
when you turn it on does it start to agit without filling
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes
sorry to be so long getting back to you but my computer went down ,,, replace the pressure switch (water level switch) this will fix your washer problem / thanks Larry
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

larry:

changed the pressure switch and the water is still not flowing.

the only other thing that will cause it to agit when you turn it on without water is the timer / thanks