Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

oven is on lock after doing self-cleaning, door will open but

oven is on lock after doing self-cleaning, door will open but frozen on loc on. also oven will not clear on or turn off sometimes
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
can you get me the make and model#? thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I can't find the hand book, but it is a ge double oven tru-temp. The controls are digital
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok there should be a silver tag along one of the sides when you open the door, not sure which door its behind but open both and see if you can find it.
Order Parts
Repair Help
Security & Privacy
Newsroom
Contact Us
Site Map
Brands We Carry
Tell a Friend
Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.
LOCATE YOUR RANGE/STOVE/OVEN MODEL NUMBER
First, here are some tips to help with your model number:
  1. Don't enter a dash if it's not required.
  2. Don't enter any blank spaces.
  3. Be sure a zero is not the letter O.
  4. Be sure a lower case L is not a 1.
  5. Kenmore models always have a 3 digit prefix such as 110 or 665, then a period, then more numbers.
Next, look for an aluminum tag--or a silver or white adhesive label. The model number may be printed or stamped onto the tag and it may be written in two different type sizes or styles.

You might find the tag in one of these places:

Cooktop/Range/Stove

Gas:

• Inside the cooktop--if the top lifts up
  • On the outside, bottom of the unit
  • Inside the top of the vent duct--if it's a "downdraft" unit

Electric:

• Under one of the surface burners, or inside the cooktop--if the top lifts up
  • On the outside, bottom of the unit

Gas or Electric Oven

• On oven side of the door jamb (with the door open)
  • On the lower drawer jamb (with the bottom drawer open)

SHOP WITH CONFIDENCE
Secure Shopping
Shipping Guaranty
Return Any Part
Free Repair Help
PartDetective®
Part Warranty
Great Prices
Privacy Policy
Testimonials
Online help from the RepairGuru
Online help from the RepairGuru®!
let me know,thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Only info on tag was warning and number to call for questions XXX-XXX-XXXX, and this # 326B1230P001
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
well that # XXXXX work unfortunatly. I know what your problem is, its your door lock assembly but unfortunatly I cant look up the info without the model # XXXXX after many pages of searching i have however come up with a few possible causes and pictures of some general G.E. parts associated with the lock assembly's like this switch. Part 253819 and this is a typicale lock assembly for G.e. although I dont know if this is the one you have in your oven. Part 253901but if your good with a meter and you can get the lock assembly out you can test the switches on it and possibly get a part # XXXXX of the part itself, I wish I could do more but unfortunatly thats all I can do. thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.