Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hello, My GE refrigerator model TBX20KJB is not cooling properly.

Hello, My GE refrigerator model TBX20KJB is not cooling properly. It is running constantly. The freezer compartment keeps food frozen, barely The FF compartment will not go below 46 degrees. I cleaned the condenser coils and the cooling fan blades. The condenser cooling fan is working and the fan in the freezer compartment is working. There is no frost in the freezer compartment. There is moisture on the walls in both the freezer compartment and the FF compartment. I also put tape around the FF door in case the door seal was leaking. It helped a little.   I didn't tape around the freezer door.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
first thing to check on his is to make sure your light in the ff section is staying on when the door is shut, the next thing to check is to remove the panel in the back inside of the freezer and check the frost pattern on the coils , there should be an even couting of frost all the way across the coils if there isnt you have a freon leak. let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The light does go off when the door is closed. The top coil in the freezer compartment does not have any frost on it. The bottom coil has frost on 2/3 of it.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you have a freon leak and have lost freon, this is going to get worse as time goes by, you need to have a tech for this, he needs to find the leak repair it vacume down the system and then recharge with freon, this can run $200.00 or more, you may want to concider a new refrigerator at this point, sorry I hate giving people bad news, well wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks Bryan.
Although this isn't the answer I was hoping for I am grateful for your help. Your reply was prompt and on target. Especially considering its Sunday morning. Thanks Again.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
your very welcome , sorry i cant do more for you, plesae press accept if you feel my info was helpful, well wishes, Bryan