Bob Schauer
Bob Schauer, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience in commercial and domestic appliance repair

my frigidaire dishwasher model FDB2810LDS0 keeps flashing CL

Customer Question

my frigidaire dishwasher model FDB2810LDS0 keeps flashing "CL" whihc according to the manual means close the latch, but the latch is closed. Other sensors lights all blink as well
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob Schauer replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer my name isXXXXX sounds to me like the latch switch is not registering that the door is closed. Let me see if I can find some info on your model. Bob
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you. It was working fine until yesterday when it seemd to start up a regular cycle, then suddently made odd noise and the CL light started blinking. The other 3 blinking lights are the 'sensing' 'washing' and 'rinsing agent low" lights. Thx!
I have a parts breakdown of your unit so that you can see the latch assembly. They don't show a seperate part for the switch alone, just the assembly. Here is the web link to that breakdown:

Its part number 12. It may be adjustable so before you throw the old one out have a close look at it to see if it can be adjusted. I hope this will resolve your problem and if you need further assistance just REPLY to this Answer. Thank you for using Just Answer. Bob
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
hi, when I click the hyperlink you sent me to, it says the part not found and some kind of error. Any suggestions?
Sorry, I seem to be having problems with the web links. I haven't even look at auto parts so I don't know how those links are getting into my answers. Try this web link:

Look for part number 12. Bob
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

hi, the link still doesn't work, but I did a manual search on for my model dishwasher FDB2810LDS0 and I was able to find part #12 but when I go to detail for that part it says it's for another model dishwasher (specifically that part says its for dishwasher model FDB2000RFS0.) Does that mean the parts are interchangeable for those 2 models? The door cover illustration they use doesn't look anything like mine. please see link below:

PS assuming this is correct part, is this something a non skilledperson could replace?

It is impossible for my to judge your technical skills. If you are uncomfortable with delving into this then you may need to contact someone local to help you. I apologize for the problem with the web link. I am running an in depth virus check on my computer. I tried a different ISP which didn't help and I sent an email to the overseers of this website. As far as the correct part for your unit, I would use the 800 number for the parts supply and talk to someone there to see if there is any difference. I would say that what is displayed should be the correct part but I would have said that the last four web links I sent should have worked also. Bob
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you for your help. I will probably call Sears to send someone over. Have a great rest of the weekend.
Thank you for your ACCEPT and I wish you well. Bob