william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate

I have a Frigidaire affinity washer that leaks. It takes a

I have a Frigidaire affinity washer that leaks. It takes a couple of uses in a row to show up, but once it does I have to keep a towel in front of it to stop the water flow. I have had had a reapir service come out three times and mis diagnoses 3 for 3. It is not the drain hoses inside or outside the machine. The last guess wash perhaps the detergent dispenser?? I don't know as I did not see the inside of the machine. I have not had these people return as they seem a bit incompetent at the repair business.
Do you have any ideas as to where the leak is? Is this a common problem with this machine?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 7 years ago.
whats your model number please? thanks is the leak at the bottom, front, back coming out the door?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I am not sure where the leak is from, but the water appears at the front of the machine on the floor. It must come from inside the machine cover as it the water comes out from under the machine. No visible water from the outside of the machine.

Expert:  william replied 7 years ago.

ok you will need to open the unit up unplug washer when doing this you will need to run and look around in there to where you might be able too see where this is coming from

you can pop the top by taking the 2 screws out the back and slide it towards you to expose the inner workings you can run this also

Expert:  william replied 7 years ago.