Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My fridge is a GE Profile that is only two years old. Every

My fridge is a GE Profile that is only two years old. Every month or so, with no aparent reason it starts raising the temperature and the freezer would get to about 10 degrees and the fridge to about 45. I usally click the fast freeze or quick ice and move it ffar away from the wall just to make sure it has a lot of room in the back (it is usally at 5 inches from the wall.
Any idea what I can do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
this is either a sensor problem or a main control board problem. the main control boards in these is the most likely cause though because this happens intermitently, I have to work today but will be back tonight around 5-6 pm if you get me the model # XXXXX'll will look up all the info you need, thanks,Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The model # XXXXX XXXXX SS
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
the sensor is part # XXXXX on this diagram, the mother board is part # XXXXX on this diagram, heres a great site to puchase these parts once you determine which one you need, here theres where you can get the sensor, they are only about $7.00 so start there, part # XXXXX thanks Bryan