Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

The ice dispenser on my GE PSC23sgrss side-by-side refrigerator

The ice dispenser on my GE PSC23sgrss side-by-side refrigerator suddenly stopped working. It still makes ice and will dispense water, but will not dispense ice. I removed the tub and dumped out all the ice. I examined everything and nothing appears to be broken, clogged or jammed and the tub goes back in easily. When you hold a glass under the dispenser there is no motor sound - and there was no sound like the motor was going bad. It just suddenly stopped working almost like a wire had come loose from the dispenser motor. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
this is probably the dispenser control board causing the problem Part 946965 this is located in the dispenser behind the push buttons, check it for burns first but if you dont find any it could still be bad, the other cause could be the mother board although I think its in the dispenser board. let me know what you find, the board is # XXXXX on this diagram, thanks Bryan
you also may wnt to check the microswitch # XXXXX on the diagram, Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX am not sure if you got my other reply. I have not taken the cover off the "buttons" yet and had asked you if there is a recommended way to do that. I am usually pretty good at stuff like this, but have never done exactly this before and don't want to just pry the cover off if there is a proper way to do it. Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Bryan, will you have an answer to my question on removing the panel over the buttons? I am happy with your answers so far, but do not want to try to examine these parts without properly removing the panel. If there is some proper way that you can describe, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
sorry was offline, this panel just clips in. if you look underneath the panel there should be slots for a small flat head screw driver. just pop it off. and then unplug the board to look at it. let me know i'll be back on tonight, have to work today, thanks,Bryan