Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hi. My 2006 Whirlpool Duet is not powering up when the power

Customer Question

Hi. My 2006 Whirlpool Duet is not powering up when the power button is pressed. It is plugged into a verified live outlet. We keep it unplugged when not in use due to the frequency of thunderstorms in the area.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
can you get me the model #? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
duet sport.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
if you open the door there will be a tag with the model # XXXXX if you can get that for me , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

thanks for the tip. Mod #wfw8300sw00. Ser#hlt2764588

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok there can be several reasons for this. first off do any lights come on at all? do you hear anything running when you press on at all. let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Nothing happens when I press "Power". It's as if the machine is still unplugged. No noise; no lights. The plug/power lead are in good shape. The dryer runs, so I switched the plugs. Still nothing. BTW, the door is closed fully. but the power would come on before even with the door open. george
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok it sounds like you have a bad user interface. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this controls the whole machine, unfortunately these go allot but before replacing this take the top off, (there should be screws along the back) take them out and pull the top back and out, make sure all the conections to the board are tight. sometimes the plugs can loosen from vibration. unplug machine first. the interface runs around $138.00 let me know thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Bryan. Been working; hense the slow reply. Got the user interface out (made in China). I'd like to check the power to it with my DIGITAL multi-meter because nothing looks burned or separated and all connections are/were tight. 8 wires into the panel - 7 blue and 1 black. I'm guessing the black is the hot. What should the voltage be? Thanks, George
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
yes it should, check for voltage there. I was also working so dont worry about late reply, let me know if you get power, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Bryan. Not getting voltage to the board. My local computer repair guys, who rebuild motherboards, are checking the board now. My plan is to backtrack until I find power and work from there. So, unless you can tell me where to find a schematic for the thing, your work here is done. Thanks, George
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
the best i can do as far as schematics is get you this link to all the diagrams. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getModel!retrieve.pd;jsessionid=3eRCblA7AHZ0nmLaHs2YZg**.shcapp3106?modelNumber=wfw8300sw00&pop=flush also check under the top of machine there may be a schematic there. thanks Bryan