Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

We have a range model JBP76G S1WW. The oven, timer and clock

We have a range model: JBP76G S1WW. The oven, timer and clock does not work, but the burners do. We did check the breaker box first with no resolve. Before we call in someone to repair it, we want a handle on the issue and the expense.

Susie Tillman
Louisville, KY
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
ok so there are no fuses for this unit and if your elements are working your unit is definitely getting 240 volts which means only that your control board can be bad.

I'm honestly not sure that the control board is available anymore because GE is listing it as no longer available and the part used to run $205.00. You may want to check and see if another source has the part, but when I enter in the part number that GE gives me, it's just giving me the overlay that goes over the control board for about $60 although GE is listing it at $200. GE's lookup is just wrong so you may have to call them directly to see if the part is still made.

Here is the information from GE themselves but like I said I think their lookup is a bit wrong.

CONTROL T08
     16                WB27X5546         $200.25       No Longer Available