Tech Michael
Tech Michael, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years exp. repairing all types of home appliances, Computer repair
11519491

Hi! I have an electrolux icon oven. I locked the controls

Customer Question

Hi! I have an electrolux icon oven. I locked the controls for the control panel and oven door and when I tried to turn it off, I developed problems. The door unlocked but the controls did not. When I held down the lock icon, I got error F11. Now I can't use my oven, my door is locked OPEN and the controls are still locked. Help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tech Michael replied 7 years ago.

Hi, Im sorry for your trouble may I have model# XXXXX and In the meantime Id like you try disconnecting the oven from power, either by, turing the circuit breaker off or unplugging it for about 5 minutes.
Let me know what happens thank you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Model # XXXXX Its currently disconnected from the power. We tried that yesterday and it wouldn't stop beeping when the power was turned on and the oven door wouldn't shut. I'll turn it back on now and let you know what it does. Thank you!!!
ok yourwelcome
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok. Power is back on. Its beeping and says "dr" and "door locked" is flashing (however, the door lock is on and so we can't shut the oven door). It also says "PF."
try to reset the controller, let me know if you can set the clock

thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I cannot reset the clock. None of the buttons seem to respond.

Ok it sounds like the oven temp probe inside the oven is bad. they do go bad,
its an easy fix to replace that part, just a couple of screws and carefully pull the two wires til you reach the connector.
be sure not to drop them behind the stove wall. Otherwise you need to remove the rear of the stove to retieve it.
If there is anything further Just ask meSmile
If my answer has been helpful please click the green ACCEPT button, It is the only way we get paid for helping you! And remember, I am still obligated to help you with
this issue even after you Accept the answer!
And Thank You so much
It was a Pleasure helping you!

-Masterfixit!
-Tech Michael
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Where inside the oven is the oven temp probe and what does it look like?
Hi its on the back wall inside and just sticks out a bit.Smile
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Replacing that should allow us to "unlock" the door so we can finally close it and use the oven again? I'll try to find a replacement piece in the morning. Thanks!

Most likely yes.Smile

And Thank You so much
It was a Pleasure helping you!

-Masterfixit!
-Tech Michael