Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE side by side refrigerator/freezer. This unit is

I have a GE side by side refrigerator/freezer. This unit is 4 years old. There are multiple problems... not sure if they are related.

1). The freezer gets warm. It gets so warm the ice cubes start melting and meat thaws out. It will eventually get cold and run just fine for days.

2). The veggies in the crisper freeze sometimes

3). The water dispenser won't dispense water at times. I thought maybe it was freezing but the last time the freezer was warm the water dispenser didn't work so that blew my theory. Again this will work fine for days then stop for hours.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
can you get me the model # XXXXX these refrigerators have allot of board problems and I believe you have a bad main control board, I wiil check this after i receive the model#, thanks,Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Model # XXXXX SS

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
yes you need to change the main control baord. Main Control Board - Click Image to Close part# XXXXX the chepest price Ive found is @ for $117.97 its located behind the refrigerator if you pull it away from the wall. you will see a plate take it off and the board is behind the plate, sorry about the late reply my internet went out, thanks Bryan