Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP
Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer, Myself and the other Experts are anxious to help you, it will help to have the make and model number of the appliance we are talking about and any other info that you may think is important that you did not list in your original post to us. We are working hard to make you happy...
Warning, If you opt me out from helping you, I will not be able to respond back,,,,Use this option only if you do not wish to communicate with me any further...
this is a maytag model
model # XXXXX
Does this Help?
to put it in forced defrost
Forced Defrost Mode:
The forced defrost function is performed using the refrigerator display and keypad. Enter the Forced Defrost Mode by performing the following sequence of events:
1. Hold the refrigerator door light switch closed.
2. Press the Refrigerator Temperature Down keypad 3 times consecutively.
Note: The 3 keystrokes must be consecutive and within 10 seconds
3. Release the refrigerator door light switch.
4. The control will display Fd to confirm entry into the Forced Defrost Mode
5. Entry is confirmed by pressing the Refrigerator Down key once more. The unit is off and in the Defrost Mode.
Note: All control functions will be turned off (Compressor, Defrost, Evaporator Fan, the damper will remain in its current position).
6. The control will default to the short run period
the complete tech sheet can be downloded here
i tried this yesterday and the defrost cycle did not work. when i close the door to the fridge the systems come back on. should i leave the door open?