John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a maytag performa dishwasher that is about 5 years

Customer Question

I have a maytag performa dishwasher that is about 5 years old. When turned on it fills up with water but then just leaks out the door. it's not using the soap or anything. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

Hi Thanks for the question.

Please send me the model # XXXXX will look at the unit

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
pdc3600awx
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

Try and adjust # XXXXX loosen the 5/16 screw and push the latch back a bit to bring the door gasket closer to the tub, try that.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it's not the latch. the problem is that it's not draining as it should, the water builds up then leaks out
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
ok that was not in the question.Pull the bottom panel off and look at the drain spout its screwed in the the side of the pump motor.you will get water on the floor.clean out the drain spout.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
there were two hoses going into the side of the motor, one on the left and one on the right. Since I didn't know which was the drain hose, i took them both off and neither was blocked.
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
did you unscrew the long white drain spout ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i think i'm going to give up. I"m not sure how to unscrew that long white plastic hose. i tried blowing it out with my compressor and just had to clean up the 5th flood in my kitchen today.
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
It unscrews from the housing.once loosened it will unscrew very easily, when you screw it back in tighten a little more then hand tight.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the only plastic hose i see is a white plastic. It has a rubber fitting on the end which slips over the hardened plastic coming off the motor. When the hose leaves the rubber fitting it disappears into the side of the dishwasher. I don't know how to get it unscrewed. I tried turning it by hand and it would not move. Since I can't see where it connects, i can not do much with it.
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
The threads are in the housing.Use a pair of pliers to start the spout, then it will unscrew easily
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
Don't try and unscrew the spout I looked at the motor again.Try and remove the flapper valve that is inside the spout.Sorry i was looking at a different model .
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

# XXXXX and 23 rea the two parts to remove and clean.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i'm not that mechanically inclined. I think I will have to call a repairman at this point. I don't want to end up messing it up more than it already is. Thank you for the help
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
Good Luck