How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Your Own Question
Dave
Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 297
Experience:  34 years experience as a repair technician
20703114
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Dave is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my wolf stove keeps sparking after its turned off. it only

Customer Question

my wolf stove keeps sparking after it's turned off. it only stops sparking when i turn 1 specific burner on (where my kid spilled juice on it yesterday) and then they all stop when it's lit. why does it keep sparking and how can i get it to stop?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Dave replied 7 years ago.
Try cleanind and drying that burner and area. You have a spark module that reignites if it goes out. So when you turn on that burner it senses the flame and stops clicking. You may have to replace the switch in question. Just remember to turn off the power first.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks Dave. I've removed the burner ring and most pieces that aren't screwed down and cleaned them but it hasn't made a difference. What makes this burner think it needs to be still sparking after i turned it off? The spark module is working fine since it detects the electrons in the flame.
Expert:  Dave replied 7 years ago.
There is probably liquid in the spark switch that is on the valve behind the burner knob. Oftentimes a hairdryer blowing on the switch will drive the moisture out and stop the clicking.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I gave that a try for awhile now and no dice. It's still clicking. It's definitely isolated to this 1 burner because even if i ignite any of the other 3 they keep sparking unless this burner is on. that valve behind the knob looks pretty well protected too and i don't see any residue from the spill. the burner assembly has a tube that extends from the base that may have gotten some liquid in it but it's so hot after running the stove I can't imagine there's any liquid in that. any other suggestions?
Expert:  Dave replied 7 years ago.
You may have gotten liquid on the spark module itself. Something is creating a circuit to the module. Have you tried disconnecting the sparker on the burner? Make sure to turn off the power, those sparkers can give you a jolt of electricity.

Related Appliance Questions