william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate

hello, we have an LG tromm WM 0642HW that we keep finding

Customer Question

hello,
we have an LG tromm WM 0642HW that we keep finding water in the drum when not in use, what could be causing this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 4 years ago.

this could be the inlet water valve selenoids not seating all the way and could be blowing by into the drum

william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hello william,

if this is the case then how do we get this fixed? also, this seems to only happen when we are running the dishwasher and the dishwasher drains, this could just be a coincidence.

Expert:  william replied 4 years ago.
this is strange now is the draining of the washer useing the same drain as the dishwasher?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
they are connected to the same 2 inch drain pipe that goes to a gray water system.
Expert:  william replied 4 years ago.

ok this might be your problem when the dishwasher drains its also pushing water into the washers drain hose hence going into the drum of your washer you need to run a seperate drain for your washer or your dishwasher i believe this is your problem now since you mentioned the dishwasher

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok we will have that checked out, if it is not the drain hose, as we checked and dont seem to have any awter there how do we reseat the selenoid?
Expert:  william replied 4 years ago.
you dont you will have to but a new water log thats what we call it you know where you hook the water hoses to the back of your machine thats your water valve selenoids on the inside of the machine but im pretty sure that the other is your problem cause you stated that this only happens when you run the dishwasher
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks for all your help, we will have the drain system checked. if in the future we need additional help can we request you?
Expert:  william replied 4 years ago.
oh yes you may!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank-you and your welcome