Dave
Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  34 years experience as a repair technician
20703114

My Maytag dishwasher is leaking through the float valve assembly

Customer Question

My Maytag dishwasher is leaking through the float valve assembly in the front left corner. I have replaced the valve and pal nut, but it is still leaking. Is their a specific adjustment for the pal nut on the bottom of the float? I certainly would appreciate any help in solving this problem that I can get. Thanks, Cliff
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Dave replied 7 years ago.
Usually this is a problem from the lower spray arm, not the float switch. Check all the holes to make sure they are clear.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It looks like there is too much water in the bottom of the dishwasher, & when the float goes up & down water seeps out of it onto the floor. I won't be able to try your suggestion until Monday, as the dishwasher is 40 miles from where I am at the moment. Thanks, Cliff
Expert:  Dave replied 7 years ago.
A water surge can also happen if some of the pump parts are loose or cracked. It shouldn't leak if the float switch turns off the water valve when it's raised.