Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

I have a Maytag side-by-side refridgerator, model no. MSD2657,

I have a Maytag side-by-side refridgerator, model no. MSD2657, 5 years old. The fridge and freezer have stopped producing cold air. I vacuumed the condenser coil underneath (we have pets). The fan in back is still working, the appliance is still "running".

Could it be a belt? What is my next step to diagnose the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 7 years ago.
is it cooling at all
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, it seems to be. After I had cleaned the condenser coil, we set it to the highest cooling and left it for 3 hours. It was somewhat cool, I thought it was working. Put a bag of ice in the freezer (all other food was removed previously), left it overnight but it was melted in the morning.
do you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer and is the fan inside blowing
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
There is no frost on the back wall of the freezer. I don't think there ever has been any frost buildup, even when the freezer was working.

There is a fan that I can see in the bottom rear of the appliance, that fan works. Is there another fan in the freezer? Do I need to take the rear panel off inside of the freezer?
yes please ... remove the back panel in the freezer and tell me how much if any frost is on the coil / thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No frost on the coils
is this fridge less than 5 years old?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I think so, by a couple of months.
you have a 5 year sealed system warranty on the unit so you need to call and set up a service call ,,,, you have a sealed system problem and it will be covered and should be no charge ,, you have eather a bad compressor, restriction or freon leak ,, you need to make the call as quick as possable / thanks