william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
13954826

I have a whirlpool electric dryer model LER7646DQ1. It goes

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool electric dryer model LER7646DQ1. It goes on and turns, but no heat comes out. Any suggestion?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
does this happen on all the cycles? thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm not sure what you mean by cycles. The machine says 7 cycle supreme, but I only have it set for Hrsvy dry and move the dry time between 0 and 70 minutes
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
just try the other cycles you say it has 7 of them try 3 of them please? before we move on
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is no heat on any setting
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
ok thanks are you able to take some things apart for me?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If simple
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.

tell me this first where is your lint screen located at? thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
On the top,right, rear
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.

ok great thats what i thought but i needed to be sure ok i want you to unplug it and take off the back access panel and locat the thermal fuse you will see in this diagram let me know when you find it ok

graphic

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok, and what do we do when we locate it? Replace it. Is it a hardware store item?
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
no we need to do a test first did you find it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes it s a GAAP0500 TF091C HFB3(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.

its plastic right with 2 wires going to it? ok now i want you to cross them wires together tape them up to make sure they dont touch the frame then i want you to plug it back in and try it see if you get any heat make sure you put it in a heated cycle

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is still just blowing cold air, bypassing the thermal fuse
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.

ok leave that hooked up as is now unplug it again and find the thermal cut out and tape them together as well and try it again the same way

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That has heat
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.

ok now i want you to hook the 1st thermal fuse back up then try it again remember to unplug when doing this ok but leave the second one tape up still ok

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes, still heat
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.

ok great so its ther thermal cut out that you need you will need to put a new one on and by all means please dont use the dryer the way it is its a safety also do you have a local appliance parts house near you guys you cant buy this at any harware store or lowes or home depot it has to be an appliance parts house or you can order one online and i can help you with this

william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
your very welcom and thank-you