Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

My 2002 Kenmore Coldspot Fridge (Model #53559201) has quit

My 2002 Kenmore Coldspot Fridge (Model #53559201) has quit cooling. the ice maker defrosted, although the fan in the back and the lights still work? Any Ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 5 years ago.
is there any cooling inside eather part at all
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It seems like the freezer may be cooling a little. Also the temp comtrol on the fridge side usually has lights on showing the cool level you set, this is also not lighting up.
on the model number you sent does it have a 106. or 363. in front
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
sorry i didnt see the smaller number... its a 106
do you see any frost on the inside the freezer on the back wall and is the fan blowing inside
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes there is frost on the back wall inside the freezer, how do i tell if the fan is running? It seems to be moving cold air on the botton(floor) of the freezer.
open the freezer door and push in on the light switch and the fan should start blowing inside the freezer
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No fan blowing.
theres your problem ,,, the fan cant blow the cool air from the freezer to the fridge and causing a build up of frost ,, you will need to defrost the freezer, remove the inside back panel and swap out the fan motor ,, the part number is(NNN) NNN-NNNNand it cost $56.19 plus you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer or online at www3.sears.com ,,, thanks Larry
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do these fridges have a fuse box? im just curious why the temp control on the fridge side isnt working? Could the defrost timer have anything to do with that? do you know where that is located on this model of fridge?
is the control not lite up or what?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yeah no lights at all.
disreguard my info on the fan motor ,, the control board is the problem ,,, it supplys power to the motor ,,, the part number for the board is(NNN) NNN-NNNNand this cost $205.43 ,, sorry for the bad news ,, its #6 in this picture / thanks
graphic
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service