Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

Why wont my dryer start It showed no sign of trouble -- It

Why won't my dryer start? It showed no sign of trouble -- It didn't blow the fuse at the house, but it won't start as usual. Is there another switch or something on the dryer itself that could be tripped? Could the dial itself be messed up? It is a maytag performa.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer, Myself and the other Experts are anxious to help you, it will help to have the make and model number of the appliance we are talking about and any other info that you may think is important that you did not list in your original post to us. We are working hard to make you happy...

Warning, If you opt me out from helping you, I will not be able to respond back,,,,Use this option only if you do not wish to communicate with me any further...

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Maytag Performa PYE2200AYW
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.

The thermal fuse located near the heater is bad and you will need to replace it. it is part number LA-1053, You can order this part at the following locations online..., or, or All 3 of these places are a good place to order your parts because of thier liberal return policy....

Part 3344

it is item 5 in the diagram

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Would this thermal fuse explain why the whole dryer won't start?
Where is the heater that is indicated in the schematic drawing?
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.
when you lift the top of the dryer the heating element is on the back wall, you will need a putty knife to release the clips from the front of the dryer, and yes it will not start if the thermal fuse is bad...