Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

light,clock,timer,hood fan, all work - power buttons dont

light,clock,timer,hood fan, all work - power buttons don't work - will not heat at all

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer, Myself and the other Experts are anxious to help you, it will help to have the make and model number of the appliance we are talking about and any other info that you may think is important that you did not list in your original post to us. We are working hard to make you happy...

Warning, If you opt me out from helping you, I will not be able to respond back,,,,Use this option only if you do not wish to communicate with me any further...

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
GE microhood mod.jvm1542 wf 002 ser. af 902518k
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
clock can be set, timer can be set - will not heat when start buttons or express buttons pushed
can you recheck the model number for me please
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
mod. jvm1542 wf 002
you can program it but wont starts when the putton is pushed ,, right?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thats right
you will have to replace the smartboard .. part number WB27X10790 and cost $144.99 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer or online at www3.sears.com ,,, to replace it you will remove the grill across the top, take out the screw at top of control panel, raise and remove and swap the board ,,, be sure to unplg the unit before working on it ,,, its #12 in this picture ,,, thanks and have a good day / larry
graphic
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I use the same board don,t I for timers and clock - but it won,t start heating cycle - so part of the board is not working ??
right ,, the circuits is bad in the board / thanks
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service