Dave
Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  34 years experience as a repair technician
20703114

we are trying to install a new Bosch dishwasher Model # XXXXX

we are trying to install a new Bosch dishwasher Model # XXXXX There is two discharge outlets that go to the garbage disposal. Do they tie in together, if so HOW?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Dave replied 5 years ago.
There should just be one water inlet and one drain hose.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
we understand this, however there is the loop on the side of the washer that goes in and does not connect with anything. The other outlet on the bottom is the obvious one to hook to the garbage disposal. What do we do with the hose that comes from the side and does not seem to connect with anything????
Expert:  Dave replied 5 years ago.
On the left side is a drain loop, it should be connected on both ends to the dishwasher.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
there is a loop on the right side of the dishwasher as you are facing it that comes down and comes into the space below into the mechanical area and the line that is wide open does not connect to anything, it dead ends there with nothing to connect to???
Expert:  Dave replied 5 years ago.
If you look behind the side panel there are several places where the hoses connect. Does the end of the hose have an o-ring on the end?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Dave, please hold on my husband who is a very frustrated plumber at this point is checking. He advises me that no, there isn't. there is just a 3/4 plastic stub that the hose at the bottom of the dishwasher that the 3/4 90 degree elbow that came on the hose should connect to. Thank you for your patience.
Expert:  Dave replied 5 years ago.
You have to remove the side cover to see the hose connections. The drain hose comes out of the bottom rear of the Bosch dishwashers.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, we understand that. However, our question is the loop of the right side of the tub comes down and goes into the mechanical area and just stops there. It is not connected to anything and the hose is open.
Expert:  Dave replied 5 years ago.
Is there an o-ring on the end?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
NO, Dave, there is no "O" ring. There is just a blunt end of a hose going nowhere.
Expert:  Dave replied 5 years ago.
Where does the other end of the hose connect?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The hose that is in question is the air vent hose. One end of it attaches to the side of the dishwasher, the instructions dictate that we do not attach anything to the air vent hose. Is it just supposed to lay there??
Expert:  Dave replied 5 years ago.
It shoud be sticking up so as to not leak. Is there a number after UC on the model sticker on the door?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, it looks like a uc-62 (or possibly a uc-52) the number is XXXXX cutoff)
Expert:  Dave replied 5 years ago.
Is this hose the same size as the other corrugated hoses?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Dave replied 5 years ago.
Can you see where the other end is located? Bosch may have put this hose in to address the complaints of smells after the wash is done by allowing venting. The bosch dishwashers do not dry like a normal DW. They rely on the residual heat in the tub, there is an uninsulated part of the tub that will cool off and attract the moisture, so they need hot water and rinse aid to dry properly.
Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 34 years experience as a repair technician