Dave
Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  34 years experience as a repair technician
20703114

I have an eco-smart washer and its only 2 yrs old, it just

Customer Question

I have an eco-smart washer and its only 2 yrs old, it just stopped in mid cycle at rinse and the water is not draining out it just sits idle and has a slight hum sound. I made sure the clothes are not around the agitator and the load is medium and not too heavy. I also checked the wires and electric outlet, everything is fine with the connections, what could the problem be
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Dave replied 5 years ago.
It sounds like something is caught in the drain pump.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

but wouldnt my machine make a sound as if it were attempting to drain the water out - like a gurgling or some indication that it has something stuck in drain pipe? And what part of the drain pump, do u mean from inside the machine? or the pipe that extends on the outside of the machine?

Expert:  Dave replied 5 years ago.
What brand, model number. If something is caught in the drain impeller it would only hum.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
its fisher paykal eco-smart washer, and there is no sound it just seems to stop
Expert:  Dave replied 5 years ago.
The drain pump is underneath the washer, attached to the bottom of the tub. You can suck out the water with a wet/dry vacuum, and remove the pump to check for obstructions. As always remember to unplug the washer first.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

so the washer has to be taken apart to get to that pump - sounds like only an expert should attempt that - not something my husband can do (he may not know how to put it back together) Or can it be done by inside the tub?

Expert:  Dave replied 5 years ago.
If you lean the washer back you can get to the pump without having to take anything else apart. There are only a couple of screws holding the pump to the tub.
Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 34 years experience as a repair technician
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

okay thank you, XXXXX XXXXX try that and hope it works

Expert:  Dave replied 5 years ago.
OK