Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances
8697087

Yes Im getting ready to purchase a new washer and dryer and

Customer Question

Yes I'm getting ready to purchase a new washer and dryer and I was thinking of getting a samsung front load, could you please tell me your thought on these or any other brand that could be better? Thanks Denise Dierks, Arkansas
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer

Thank you for using Just Answer.

Although, a model of Samsung has recently been rated highly by a Consumer organization the brand is not our favorite. This is because their service network is not as extensive as other manaufacturers. This makes it dificult to get help for customers when they need it.

This is also the first time that a Samsung has done well in this type of review. That could be a good thing and show that they have developed a superior washer or is may be simply an interesting note.

We would prefer a Whirlpool (or Maytag which is now Whirlpool) washer and dryer over all other manufacturers. The full size DUET has been around longer than any other front load design on the market and has consistently been rated well. This same design is now seen with the Maytag name on it because Whirlpool bought Maytag about three years ago.

Getting service information, parts and help from Whirlpool is far easier than dealing with many other manufacturers.

So, basically they have a track record and make a good product.

The Samsung model needs to prove itself over the next 5-7 years to be a contender in our opinion.

Please let me know if you would like more information and/or clarification.

bernie
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If you were going to buy one for yourself which one would it be?
HiCustomer

I would first want to buy the Maytag steam pair. However, they might be more expensive as the price seems to vary depending on rebates and sales. If the Whirlpool were price better I would purcash them (9600 [pair).

If the extra bit of cleanability isn't that big of a deal then I'd buy the Maytag without the steam options (model number 300 I think).
Again, if the whirlpool 9200 pair were priced very well I would purchase them.

They (Whirlpool and Maytag) are both very close in construction and only vary a bit on features.

bernie