Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

HOW DO YOU MEASURE THE REAR WALL DEPTH CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT

Customer Question

HOW DO YOU MEASURE THE REAR WALL DEPTH CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT ON THE NEW LG FRENCH DOOR REFRIGERATOR? (IS IT OK TO HAVE THE BLACK KNOB AT THE TOP OF THE REFRIGERATOR BUTTED RIGHT AGAINST THE BACK WALL, OR DOES THE 1 INCH CLEARANCE MEASUREMENT START FROM THE BACK OF THE BLACK KNOB?)

I AM CONCERNED THAT SINCE THE REFRIGERATOR HAS NO FRONT GRILL FOR HEAT EXCHANGE, THE BACK CLEARANCE MIGHT BE A BIG ISSUE. WHERE DOES THE REFRIGERATOR GET IT'S COOL AIR SUPPLY FOR HEAT EXCHANGE AND HOW DOES THE HOT AIR ESCAPE THE BACK OF THE UNIT????

CAN THE REFRIGERATOR BE IN AN ENCLOSED CABINET COMPARTMENT WITH THE CABINET 1 INCH ABOVE THE EXTERNAL FRAME RIGHT UP TO THE FRONT OF THE CABINET???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 5 years ago.
<p>Customer</p><p>Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer,<br /> Myself and the other Experts are anxious to help you,     If I could please have the make and model number of the appliance that you have posted your question about? Along with any other info that you may think is important that you did not list in your original post to us. I will be more then happy to assist you.</p>
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

LG REFRIGERATOR MODEL LFX25975S.

THE OPENING IN OUR KITCHEN CABINETRY MEASURES 70" HIGH BY 36" WIDE BY 28" IN DEPTH. THERE IS AN ADDITIONAL 1" OF SPACE AFTER A FRONT LIP AT THE TOP AND 1" OF ADDITIONAL SPACE AFTER THE SIDE LIP ON THE LEFT-HAND SIDE ONLY. (I.E. - THE OPENING NARROWS TO 70X36X28 RIGHT AT THE FRONT OF THE CABINET ONLY.) ARE WE OK WITH THIS CLEARANCE OR IS IT TOO TIGHT FOR HEAT EXCHANGE?

WE DON'T KNOW HOW THE FRESH AIR SUPPLY REACHES THE BACK OF THE LG REFRIGERATORS EFFICIENTLY. DOES THE HOT AIR ESCAPE THROUGH WHAT LOOKS LIKE HAND SPACES AT THE BACK OF EACH FRENCH DOOR?

these are the requirements

Product Width 35-3/4"

• Product Weight 324 lbs.
  • Product Depth 34-1/4"
  • Height to Top of Refrigerator (in.) 68-3/8
  • Height to Top of Door Hinge (in.) 69-3/4
  • Counter Depth No
  • Depth Less Door (in.) 27-7/8
  • Depth Without Handles (in.) 31-3/4
  • Depth Including Handles (in.) 34-1/4
  • Depth with Door 90° Open (in.) 46-1/2
  • the dimentions of you cabinet are fine . the heat is disappated thru cabinet , and air flow from underneith
  • And those spaces at back of door are just handle holds
  • But no you dimentions are fine
  • Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
    Experience: 30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
    Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you - glad to hear it. We got a great price offer tonight and it appeared that it will fit perfectly in our kitchen - I was just afraid it wouldn't operate efficiently or would die too soon because of insufficient air flow. You were a great help - the store people in 3 stores weren't able to give us reasonable guidance.

no problem at all glad to assist you!1

have a nice weekendSmile