Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a kitchen aid dishwasher (KUDL031--I think thats the

Customer Question

I have a kitchen aid dishwasher (KUDL031--I think that's the right number from what I can see). It is about 6 months old. It is an under-the-counter unit and is hardwired. Yestrday I replaced my kitchen faucet (and of course had the water turned off). Lastnight my wife started the dishwasher and it didn't sound right so i opened the door and saw that there was no water. I turned it on again and listened and obviously no water was coming through the pump. I turned off the breaker for a couple of minutes to see if that would re-set the computer but, no go. I assume that when I had my water shut off fixing my kitchen faucet, that I must have drained the water from the line to the dishwasher. Shouldn't of this filled back up when I turned the water back on? If not then I suppose I have to find a way to prime the pump? I looked under the unit but can't see anything obvious to turn on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 5 years ago.

no you have a clog or the water is not turned on .

No priming , your not priming a pump it is just an electric water valve.

Take bottom panel off and loosen water line to water valve but most definatly not a pump issue or a priming issue.

And yes if line was 100 feet long when you turned the water back on it would have possibly trapped some air but the water valve is opened for two min. so that air would have been purged out.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I took off the panel and see the water line and where it connects to a brass fitting etc, but don't see where i can "loosen it" Also, if I have a clog it must be in the dishwasher line because my sink drain is fine. Right?
lo.osen the brass fitting to see if water comes out, yes would be in valve not line
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks. I did loosen the valve a little and there was water. I'll get to work on the clog. I can not find the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON to press so you can get paid. Where the heck is it??
you will see it with this post on top right side ,Thank you and the valve has a screen on it probaly just need cleaned .
did you find it ?