Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

My Mother has a whirpool Imperial 70 washer and when it fills

Customer Question

My Mother has a whirpool Imperial 70 washer and when it fills with and drains water the outer drun or bucket leaks from underneath. Is there a way to find the leak and stop it. The motor and pump work great.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 5 years ago.
Customer/p>

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer,
Myself and the other Experts are anxious to help you, If I could please have the make and model number of the appliance that you have posted your question about? Along with any other info that you may think is important that you did not list in your original post to us. I will be more then happy to assist you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what if I can not find it or where do I look for that info
open lid it is on a sticker under lid in rear
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
LA7800xpw1c61043807

ok fairly old model

you are going to have to pull it out away from wall , and fill washer , take bottom panel off and look to see where leaking from .

It could be the center post seal leaking or even the metal tub , this unit is 24 years old also

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it is leaking from the posterior post I can see the rust and water leaking there.
do you mean the center post/shaft?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
when I take off the back panel, just above the motor and pump, I see the outer tub. the immediate connection with the outer tub. Does that help? I do not see it leaking from the center.
ok so it is leaking from the platform the tub sets on then ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes
Experience: 30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Replacing it would be the only answer?

yes the part is no longer available ,

we only hold parts for seven years this is 26 years old sorry.

You would not even be able to get a service manual to show you how to take it apart.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you
Soory to be the bearer of bad news!!