Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

water inside maytag ref. not working. does make ice

may i have the model number please and is this a sidexside or top freezer
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Maytag top/bottom freezer MFD2560HES. After last filter change water stop in the reg., but ice is still being made. Allowed to run 2min before changing filter...etc. Sounds as if motor is letting things run, but no water. Always great pressure have no bends in copper etc.
so we are not getting water out the door?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the water is inside the ref. on the left side part of the wall. With both doors looking at from front. Has grey button and water outlet. Been wanting to take apart there, but no one will tell if you can or will I hurt the whole ref. side wall.
lets not take it apart yet ,,, how long has the new filter been installed and was the water working before you installed it
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Well yes water worked fine before the filter chaning. Now when I changed it I did like they said run water for a little time then remove. My wife is not sure if when she changed the last filter before it stopped working if she let the water run long enough or not. The water has not been working for over month...not enough hours in a day the get honey list done.
hahaha tell me about it haha ,,,, pull the fridge out from wall and hold the water supply where it hooks to the water valve and have someong to push the water button and tell me if you feel it buzzing
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So far on the right path.....can hear and feel buzzing
how long did you hold the water button in after you installed the filter
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Oh I played with it a couple times....with haven more time to night I held at least a min or two no water. Did not know if I held till I got water if I was doing more harm, than good. But after rereading your question the answer is a min.
no it wont harm it ,,, hold it down till you get water or i tell you to stop
ok ,, stop
did you ever even get a drip coming out
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Held for over five min...nothing. Did sound like running water up by filter....but no leaking water around filter. Could line be frozed up from no water and the cold ref???
pull the filter out and see if the film is still over the head of the filter or install another if you have it ,,, do you have another filter or the by-pass cap
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Give me a minute....i hope thats not the case...I will try by-pass cap too.
lets try the bypass cap first
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
By-pass cap in place..no water. Was holding until this. Water filter had water inside.
ok ,,, you can put the filter back in or leave the cap ,,, the problem is the water tank is froze up behind the lower two crispers in the fridge ,,, take a hair dryer and warm it up while holding the water button and it will warm up and water come out ,, this should fix it even if we did have to go though a lot of steps to find the problem ,,, after it gets water then turn the temp control up to a little warmer ,,, sometimes it takes awhile warming it up before the water breaks loose and come out
the water tank is number 13 in this picture and if i have helped please hit the accept and have a good evening ,,, its honey do time here now haha
if you need me and accept you can still come back at no charge and i will be online again tomarrow if you need me
graphic