Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a XXXXXXXXXXX kenmore washing maching I need to know

Customer Question

I have a XXXXXXXXXXX kenmore washing maching I need to know how to replace the bellow
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 7 years ago.
Customer/p>

REMOVING The first thing you will do is open door .you have a small flap on the very outmost part of the bellows with a flat bladed screw driver and your thumb flip this flap inward toward inside of bellows.

You will see a small wire ,with your screw driver get under the wire and unhook it from around bellows at the bottom (6 oclock ) position you will have a small spring attached to this wire once this is done

Push bellows inside washer , you will now find a LARGE hose clamp 5/16 nut, the screw for clamp should be at approx the (1 oclock ) position , just unscrew it and then pull bellows off.

NOTE when replacing bellows do not over tighten that LARGE hose clamp ,

then just reverse for replacing bellows and spring (remember sping at (6oclock)

I will hold on if you have questions.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
okay so how do you get it back on?

REPLACING ok first thing we need to do is to put the back edge of boot over that lip on the tub assy .

push the front part of the boot inside the washer so you will have it out of your way.

Then put the large hose clamp on and JUST hand tighten do not over tighten it will pull itself off.

Then pull the rest of the boot farward and push the lip of the boot under the lip of the front panel ,once it is on pull the front lip up so you will be able to put the wire clamp on under that lip and remember the spring on the wire clamp goes to the (6oclock) position (bottom) once the wire clamp is in place your have