Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

My LC WM3677HW wont drain. Ive cleared all the water from

My LC WM3677HW won't drain. I've cleared all the water from it using the hose at the bottom, and the drain catch is clear. I think it's clogged with hair somewhere between the drum bin and the hose pump that is on the wall. We took out the WM to check the hose, and it was clear. HELP!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 7 years ago.
did you clear the filter where the pump and motor hooks up
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
At the bottom left, yes. I ran a test load today and the water wouldn't drain. Kept making a "churning" sound.
look at K346 in this picture and is this the part you cleared out
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Looks like it. A cylinder about two inches in diameter located in the front next to that black tube/hose where I drained the water from.
you will need to replace the pump since the housing is cleared ,,,, the part number is XXXXX and it cost $47.88 and its the one on the right looking in from the rear,, thanks Larry
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Could it clogged somewhere between the drum and the pump? Usually the filter is filled with dog hair. Before this week, I hadn't cleaned it in months?

And where is the pump located?
the impeller on the pump may be clogged up and not able to run ,,, the part you unscrewed to clean out is the filter and the pump hooks onto it and if you look at it from the back it will be on the right on the filter housing and if you look in from the front its on the left