Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have an old In-Sink-Erator dishwasher that was leaking from

Customer Question

I have an old In-Sink-Erator dishwasher that was leaking from the left door approximately 2" from the bottom halfway through a wash cycle. I just replaced the tub/door seal (with Kitchenaid part number 3435 from repairclinic.com) which fits perfectly. I ran 1 cycle and still have the exact same lek. What to do now?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
con you get me the model #? you may have an issue with the spray arm assembly. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I believe it is CSLU-2. I am not home right now. This is the only problem we have ever had with this unit. The old seal was rock hard at the area of the leak so I peresumed that was the problem. Is there a door adjustment to do also?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
just what i thought. this is your spray arm assembly right? Part 2469the plastic roud part that the silver arms are attached is most likely the cause of you leak. they crack where there put together on the round part and the water is sprayed straight out the side of the spay arm assembly is this spray is strong and goes right through the door gasket and thus leaks , there shouldnt be any direct pressure pointed at the gasket, its suppose to spray up and not directly at the door. tghe problem is this is no longer available. you can check the edges of the round part and you will see where they seperate usually but not always, apoxy may work but I'm not sure. thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, that is the spray arm assembly (Diswhasher model is CLSUP-2). The spray arm lifted right off and I did not see any cracks in the seams but now I will check the round gasket. Is it possible that the door hinges need adjustment/replacement?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
I dont believe you can adjust these. the crack are minute and under pressuer spay towards the door and through. I had four diffirent techs go to one job with the same symtoms and they couldnt see any craks either but I went and changed the spray arm assembly and it stoped leaking right away. I still think its your spray arm but you can try to adjust the door hinges, thats all i can tell you, thanks Bryan