How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bob L Your Appl Pal Your Own Question
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 7548
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bob L Your Appl Pal is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Frigidaire FMV156DCC microwave that stopped working.

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire FMV156DCC microwave that stopped working. The counter counts down, light goes on, but oven does not work and turn plate does not rotate. From what I've read, it appears to be the door switch sensor.
I tried jumping the two wires that go to this switch together and it still doesn not engage the palte or heat.
I lifted up on the handle of the door with the microwave running and the counter and lights stopped but it still did not turn on the oven or the rotating plate

!
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 7 years ago.

There are three switches and a thermal fuse....Here is a wiring diagram...The problem is ...That once you have removed the cover you will need a meter to test for micro wave leakage..Not to mention the high voltage that is stored in the unit even unplugged....If it the door switches check out ok then i would have a qualified service center look at it or replace it..Here a bulletin you might be interested in...

 

 

Consumer Product Safety Commission

Electrocution Hazard with Do-It-Yourself Repairs of Microwave Ovens

CPSC Document #5061


 


The U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) warns against do-it-yourself repairs of microwave ovens. Each year, on average, four people die from electrocution trying to repair their microwave ovens. Microwave ovens use high voltage which makes it particularly hazardous for consumers to remove the cover and touch electrical parts. The possibility for electrical shock from a microwave oven still exists even after the oven is disconnected from the power source. Should certain internal devices fail, even unplugged ovens can cause serious injury.

The Commission strongly recommends that consumers have professionals repair microwave ovens because electrical appliances can be hazardous if consumers expose live electrical parts.


 

 

/!\ WARNING

ELECTROCUTION HAZARD
HIGH VOLTAGE

Removing the cover of your microwave oven and touching an electrical part can kill you.

Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 7548
Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair
Bob L Your Appl Pal and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 7 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  Randy replied 7 years ago.
Hello, I am here to assist you. First, which switch as per the schematic did you jumper?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the door sensoring switch
Expert:  Randy replied 7 years ago.
Okay look at your schematic the actual switch that would cause your exact symptoms is the primary interlock switch. It is a normally open switch with 2 white wires and 1 gray wire going to it. If the switch isn't bad then it is the relay for that switch on the control board. Take a closer look at your schematic and you will see what I mean.