Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Whirlpool duet dryer GEW9250PW1 It wont start the

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool duet dryer GEW9250PW1 It won't start the sensing light is on and when you push start it just beeps
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
How many times does it beep when you press start? And do the numbers on the display flash or not?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
1 beep. the numbers are on but they do not flash
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok so that means that the unit thinks your door is open. Open up the door and push on the door switch by hand. See if it clicks when you push it in. if not then you need to replace it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes it clicks and the light goes off
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok and no error codes show up on the screen so your unit may think that it's over heated so it won't start.

If you take off the bottom front panel there is a device called a thermistor. This device looks like this:

CLICK HERE

You won't see anything physically wrong with it but you will need a multimeter to test the resistance of this part. It should read about 10,000 ohms at room temperature if it's good. If not then replace it
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
is there no way to try to reset it
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
you can try to unplug the unit for 60 seconds to see if the control board is just reading it incorrectly and confused but if that doesn't work then, no, there is no way to reset it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i unplugged it then plugged it back and it has the code PF
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
thats find that just means power failure from unplugging it. You should be able to press cancel and it should go away.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So i guess I call a repairman
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
can you not press cancel and get rid of the PF error?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes it goes away but i don't have any way to test that part
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
oh I see. OK well I apologize but it sounds like you will need to either purchase a multimeter or call a repairman to test the thermistor.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks a bunch bye
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
best of luck to you.