Francis
Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .
11923974

My Magic Chef Microwave Model MCD1311W will not heat up. The

Customer Question

My Magic Chef Microwave Model MCD1311W will not heat up. The lights, digital display and turntable work, but there is no heat. How can I fix this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Francis replied 7 years ago.

Usual problem with microwave is the diode. This is a $32.00 part. Test this with a resistance meter. Then if the diode is good, the next is the $60.00 capacitor. Discharged the capacitor first when working with microwaves. This stores high voltage even when the unit has been un-plugged for a long time.

The last to test would be the magnetron which is about $160 to $ 250 depending on the one that you got.

Usually, if it is the magnetron, they just replaces the whole microwave.