Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We have an older Maytag Plus combination washer/dryer. Model

Customer Question

We have an older Maytag Plus combination washer/dryer. Model #LSE9904ADE. I tried to bring up the manual on-line with no success. There is a code "1E" showing after the entire wash/rinse has completed. The way we re-started the washer was to unplug the main power, gently rock the agitator and it then completed another wash/rinse. Can you tell me what the problem is and what to do to correct it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
the code means you have a lid lock switch problem or a control board problem. I would start by checking the lid lock first,
1E persists in washer displayLid lock failureReplace lid lock switch or control board.
the lid lock switch assembly is most likely the issue and its the lesser of the two evels as far as cost goes. this runs around $28.00, @ i would replace this. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks ever so much, Bryan. We will certainly follow your advice. Much appreciated.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
your very welcome, thank you, Bryan