Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My husband and I disagree about the placement of our new GE

My husband and I disagree about the placement of our new GE Washer and Dryer. Washer model #WCVH680J1WW and Dryer model # XXXXX

Husband says washer and dryer should have a space between them so as to avoid any possible vibration noise. I say that a space is nothing but a dirt trap, and that the machines should be right next to each other.

We just installed the pedestals and wish to start using our new appliances.

Please advise.

Thanks!

George and Karen Shea [email protected]
I geuss your both right in a way, these machines can vibrate and and make noise when the spin, and when you move them appart your right (dirt trap). but then again if you have enough room to put them a couple of inches appart you will have room to clean between them, either way your going to have dirt and dust get in between,under and behind. I wish I had a conclusive answer that both of you would be happy with but unfortunatly someone is going to be unhappy, sorry.Bryan