Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Bosch MaxXX washing machine and I need to know how

I have a Bosch MaxXX washing machine and I need to know how to remove the drain plug. There is a terrible smell of stagnant water after each wash, I have used washing machine cleansers and also tried bleach but smell still there.

Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
there should be a little door in the front bottom left, open the door and the filter should be right there, unscrew counter clockwise be careful there will be some water . let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi Have tried turning clockwise but can only manage to get it to turn about a quarter way round it is extremely stiff.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
its probably stuck by the soap and stuff in the filter, you need to go back and forth until it comes loose, sometimes this is difficult. the crud and soap gets in the threads and makes it almost like glue. all you can do is work it loose. have you tried this in the washer? this is made to clean the smell out, some people say it works, others dont,