Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I purchased a 27 combination Thermador combo oven, microwave

Customer Question

I purchased a 27" combination Thermador combo oven, microwave and warming drawer. The installation instructions are very scant but it says for oven support, I should install some 2x4's with no diagram on how they are to be installed, where they are to be installed, how the oven sits on them, etc.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
is this going in a cabinet or above the stove?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is going into a cabinet.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok you need to place the 2x4's on the bottom of the cabinet, the oven should have two runners on the bottom place the 2x4's so they line up with the runners, if no runners then place them towards the sides of the oven on the bottom about 2" in from the sides, this helps support the oven. place them laying down . this should support oven. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
But the 2x4's should be placed in the bottom of the cabinet, correct? Or should I cut holes in the cabinet and set the 2x4's on the concrete slab instead?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
if the bottom is strong you should just place them on the bottom, this just gives extra support for the oven. I dont believe theres any reason to cut any holes. we do this all the time. thanks Bryan