Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

water leaks out of right front of refrigerator just above the

water leaks out of right front of refrigerator just above the leveling screw. this is not a constant leak.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you have a clogged defrost drain in this. it defrost about every 8 hours and thats why its intermitent, if you get me the make and model I'll send you diagrams . thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
samsung rs2544sl
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
alright , I cant get a diagram that shows in detail where the drain is but I can walk you through it , you will need to take the back panel off inside the freezer section at the back and you will see the coils. under the coils in the middle there will be a drain hole that lets the water go down into the pan under the refrigerator, you will need to get some hot water and pour it on the ice until its melted and flowing down the hole freely, this may take a little time and some towels are recommended to sop up the water. i noticed just now you said the water is comming out the right side, is there any water/ice under the bottom drawer in the freezer? let me know before you take this appart. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no there is not. but on the right front there is a little bit of rubber foam insulation sticking out were the outside metal wraps around the corner. it is wet also. i do not know if the majority of the water is running across the bottom because that is the low point. give me an answer if you want me to flush out the drain. i will be leaving this computer for a couple hours but i will be [email protected] if you need to get ahold of me.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
unfortunatly they dont allow us to call people and dont let your # XXXXX if you dont see ice or water under the drawer in the freezer then its most likely not the drain. is this foam on the door or the refrigerator itself?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the foam is at the bottom of the side of the refrigerator. there must be about a .125 gap with the foam sticking out and water is dripping off of that.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
try shutting of the water to the refrigerator for a few hours and see if it stops leaking, this may be a water line leak. get back to me later and let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This leak problem only occurs sporadically. We may go two weeks with nothing and then find water on the floor in the early morning, wipe it up and then maybe it will occur the next two mornings. Then it stops and we won't have any for another week or two.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
this could be a condensation problem, are the door gaskets in good shape?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, they appear to be in good shape. Is there any possibility that the liquid could be leaking out of the tank that chills the water before it goes to the door?
i don't know where that tank is.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
thats a possibilty the chiller should be behind the shelves in the refrigerator section, is there water under the bottom drawer in the refrigerator? let me know, thanks,Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
There is some water under the bottom drawer in the refrigerator section. I wiped it up and will now watch to see if it collects over a period of time. Sometimes I can actually hear water running within the refrigerator, but it doesn't come out on the floor at that time.
If it is leaking from the chiller. How would I fix that?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well you would need to change the chiller. usually they get a small crack in them when this happens. looking at the parts for this I dont see tyhe chiller yet, I'll keep looking ,the other thing you need to check is the water filter. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=put a bowl under it and see if any water is comming from it,
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
the chiller is # XXXXX on this diagram,
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
if this turns out to be the water tank Sears has a replacement for around$42.00 the pat# XXXXX XXXXX let me know, thanks,Bryan