Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
19947765

im getting a e9e code on my frigidaire dryer it just stor drying

im getting a e9e code on my frigidaire dryer it just stor drying and i went thru the tests and this is the code i get
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.

Hello.

The E9E code is a low voltage/intermittent voltage alert. It says in the troubleshooting manual to press cancel when this appears.

You may want to check the plug or the wall socket to make sure there is not a short occuring. The fault code is not saying your dryer is broken, just to check for proper voltage.

Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it doesnt show up i got it when i ran the test in the book it just stopped getting hot the other day.when i turn it on to dry it runs then it displays ad and all the lights flash.It does not seem to be getting hot at all
Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.
It sounds like the voltage fluctuation your are getting is from a shorted element. It does pick up as a bad element because the cabinet is causing it to have cotinuity on the test. You will need to replace the element on your dryer. If you get me the model number off of the unit, I will get you the part number and a breakdown.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
model number gleq21525sq and can you tell me whats the easiest way to replace i am kinda handy so i dont want to call repair man cause im sure it will be expensive
Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.

Here is the breakdown of your unit:

CABINET/DRUM

The element in the pic is number 15. The part number you need to order isNNN-NN-NNNN

You will need to remove the top panel first to get the front panel off. There are 2 or 3 screws on the back of the top panel that hold it on. You will see the screws for the control panel and then the front panel. REMEMBER: When you get to the drum, lift up and then pull it out. It will not come straight out.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
one last ? are they expensive and can you test them to see if they are bad or not
Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.
They are kinda pricey. About 135 dollars. You can disassemble the unit and visually check the element. It sounds hard but it is the easiest way to ensure the element is broken. If it is touching metal it will still read continuity and give a false reading.