Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Have a Kenmore Model 96282100, serial number MB2718955. Has

Have a Kenmore Model 96282100, serial number MB2718955. Has been working fine. But, now it no longer runs when the start button is depressed.
you most likely have a bad thermal fuse in this, Part 2986these are cheap to replace its located on the blower assembly, heres a diagram, its part # XXXXX if you take the back panel off it will be on the left side on the blower. the only other thing that may cause this is you door switch is broken, Part 3406check and make sure the metal part with the white tip isnt broken. let me know , thanks,Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Excellent. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX found the thermal fuse and pulled it out. Is there any way to test it, to see if it's still working before I order a new fuse. Would love to know if the problem actually lies somewhere else. Next thing, I'll look after the fuse is the metal part of the white plastic tip on the door switch (need to take the door apart for that, though).

well if you have a meter it should have continuity across the two spades if not its bad, there one more way to see if its bad, you can take the two wires and tape them together (for test only,do not leave like that) and make sure the wires dont touch any metal on machine and then push start,if it starts then the fuse is bad, hope this helps,thanks,Bryan