Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hello! I am having a problem with my Roper Washer. model

Hello! I am having a problem with my Roper Washer. model # XXXXX It will not agitate or spin. The drin pump is working, but when it is in wash or spin mode in just sits there making an awful noise. Any ideas?
most likely you have a bad motor coupling, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=if you can tip the machine back and lean it against the wall look underneath between the motor and transmission and see if the coupling is broken. most of the time you will find pieces of it on the floor under machine. these are made to break if the tub gets jammed up so it wont damage the transmission, sometimes however they just break form usage.check this and let me know,thanks,Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Good Man! it has a crack on atleast one of the white plactic parts -Any idea where I could find a schematic so I can get the bloody thing apart?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I couldn't find anything online
sure , on this diagram you need to remove screws # XXXXX then pull the control panel forward and tip it back,then you will see the lid switch plug ,unplug that then there are two gold collored clips (one one each side) take a screw driver and put it straight down in the front of the clips and pry back towards the back of machine to release, then tip the cabinet forward and slide it out from under the bottom. then you will see clips holding the pump take those off and remove pump, then take the screws out of the motor and remove those clips and the motor wirring plug and remove the motor, then you will be at the coupling. replace and put it back together again, click here for all the diagrams for your machine, http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/model.aspx?model_id=257274 hope this helps, thanks Bryan