Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
19947765

I have a maytag stove oven and it has a digital clock and bake/timer

Customer Question

I have a maytag stove oven and it has a digital clock and bake/timer the power went out we tried to reset the clock and now it is stuck on 5Ab or 5A6 so we cant use our oven the stove top still works we have tried unplugging but still comes up with the same.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.

Hello.

Could you get the model number for me?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

we cant find a model number anywhere.

Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.
I have looked through all the fault codes for Maytag units and that is not one of them. It sounds like the control is bad and giving you a random set of numbers. That means you will have to replace the clock. I would offer you a part number but I can't without a model number. I hope this helps you make a decision.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
so what you are telling me is that I can't use my oven until the clock is replace also because it is all digital to set the tempature and every thing else
Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.

You got it. That is the bad part about newer appliances. They are all controlled by that one piece. The top will work but the oven will not.

Try checking on the legs inside the bottom drawer for the model number.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So why didnt you tell me where to check for a model # XXXXX? the model MER5755QAQ
Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.

Just thought about where it might be, sorry.

The part number you need is 74009212. The breakdown picture is below.

CONTROL PANEL/TOP ASSEMBLY

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I didn't accept your answer because I wasn't satisfied with your answer. Good thing today when we called for the part the person on the phone free of charge told us how to fix it instantly with out buying and replacing the clock when we told him the code that it was displaying.
Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.
CUSTOMER HAS UNIT FIXED ALREADY!!!!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes It is fix but not because of your answer you would have had us buy parts and it did not need any parts we were helped by the repair man on the phone free of charge.

Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.
After digging for your the code you provided and not finding it in any tech manuals I made a judgement call and that was to replace your clock. Your exact statement was the code said 5Ab or 5A6. This is not listed on any tech sheet for your unit. I was curious about you telling me that a parts person gave you the quick fix. The proper code is SAb for sabbath mode. Sorry I did not catch it. Nobody is perfect.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I told the parts person the same info that I told you same code he had no problem. If my husband would of taken the oven apart to replace the clock I know he would not have been a very happy person!!

Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.

I said I was sorry. It was an honest mistake. I opted out and you don't have to pay anyone. I also asked that this question be closed so nobody else bothers you. If you opt out there will be no more issues. The code you provided was wrong in the first place. You act like I did it on purpose for my own personal gain. I would have demanded that you had a refund if you did pay me and I was wrong. I am glad you got it fixed by calling someone who could tell you were reading your code incorrectly.