Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a 10+ year old GE GSD4430x72ww. The exectronics have

Customer Question

I have a 10+ year old GE GSD4430x72ww. The exectronics have stopped responding to the locking lever. I opened the door and everything seems to be okay except the switch that the lever moves. it is small, roughly triangular, and has a white plastic rod that engages the switch. How or where can this part be found? Can you give me the part number? Thanks Steve (NNN) NNN-NNNN
Category: Appliance
Expert:  rob clement replied 5 years ago.
Hi
The easiest place is here.You can look at the parts breakdown with pics and order directly from the manufacturer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Rob,

thx for the link. However, I have been there. They no longer recognize the part number. I have been told by my local technician that they stopped making that part some time ago - although he was also pointing me to the wrong part number, so perhaps he was mistaken as to what part I needed. Steve

Sorry,
If GE has nothing on it,I have no idea where else you could get parts for it.I'll go ahead and opt out so someone else maybe can help you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
hey Steve, Rhode island man I see, I'm from Cape Cod. anyway I'm sending you a link to a guy in Raynhan Ma. give him a call and he can help you, this guy can get anything,! his name is XXXXX XXXXX their open tommorow ,9-3, if anyone can help he can, link, http://www.apconline.com/ let me know, thanks , Bryan, P.S. go pats!!
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Bryan,

So these guys are sure that they can get the part(s) I need, but they cannot help me unless I give them the part number. So if I pull the part, will the number be printed on it somewhere, and how likely is the unit to work if that part is replaced?

The symptoms are that the unit has been occasionally stopping early (first 20 sec.) in the wash cycle. In the past, I have used the lock lever to disengage the cycle, then reset to start again. This time, moving the lock lever would not allow the Reset signal to be received. I powered down and the lock lever still would not reset the PF until I got inside and manually engaged the switch the lock lever is attached to. Put all back together, power back on, and the unit let me make my settings for a new wash, but when started, it sounded good for 3 seconds, then stopped. At this point the lock lever again was ignored. Opened it all back up, and even manual jiggling would not trigger the switch. So, I suspect the switch even though it makes a click when engaged manually, but that whole washer stopping a few seconds into the cycle (as if the door had been opened) still makes me nervous. Thoughts? BTW, this should be a great year offensively. Can the Pats D hold up?

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
well let me see what I can find out on this, it does sound like a door switch problem . I'll be back in a few minutes, I was out earlier today and just got back, let me do some searching, thanks Bryan, man I hope the d can hold up. at least they dont have Hobbs to give up a touchdown by being ten yards off the reciever in the end zone in the superbowl! I dont know what they were thinking.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
heres the latch assembly. right? and heres thye switch assembly I believe,this is in stock @ http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/model.aspx?model_id=209675 but now that I look at your machine more i'm not sure if thats the problem though. I believe it may be in the eletronic board these machines have a timer and an electronic board and you cant really test them with pinpoint accuracy,you mentioned something about a triangular piece , is it in the pictures i sent you? let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes Bryan, that switch is the one. I ordered it and am crossing my fingers. THx for all your help. Steve
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
your welcome Steve, thanks and have a great football season, I live in Tn. now but have built a huge home theater system to watch the games the screen is 9'x6' high go pats. talk to you later, Bryan