Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer in the UK

How can I stop my washing machine from squeaking loudly on

Customer Question

How can I stop my washing machine from squeaking loudly on every turn of the drum. I do use a descalent regularly, and machine works OK - Hotpoint. Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer, Myself and the other Experts are anxious to help you, it will help to have the make and model number of the appliance we are talking about and any other info that you may think is important that you did not list in your original post to us. We are working hard to make you happy...

Warning, If you opt me out from helping you, I will not be able to respond back,,,,Use this option only if you do not wish to communicate with me any further...

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My machine is a Hotpoint WEM 54 1000 spin
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

My machine is a Hotpoint Model WM54P - Number: 96182275

Expert:  Techdesk replied 7 years ago.

The first thing to check is that the drum isn't loose and hitting the door seal.

This can cause a squeak but is normally accompanied by knocking and rumbling noises.

If the squeak is from the rear then it's likely to be the bearing seal.

You can try running a boil wash a couple of times to see if it softens the seal and stops the squeak.

If it doesn't I'm afraid it's a massive strip down of the appliance to take the inner drum out to change the bearings, bearing seal and drum support.

Check it out, see what you find.

Hope this helps
Let me know how it goes or if you need more help.