Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Hi. My Whirlpool Gold Series dishwasher is not cleaning dishes

Customer Question

Hi. My Whirlpool Gold Series dishwasher is not cleaning dishes and each time it is run the soap is clumped up in the cup holder. The water is hot. Anything we can do so we don't have to spend $100's on a repair person. Last time there was a problem something was clogged in the hose. Took him 5 minutes and $96. Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 5 years ago.
Customer/p>

is the dishwasher draining?

and water level should be 1/2 inch or less below heating element.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes it drains fine. And seems to fill fine

ok water is hot and filling up with water BUT detergent still in cup,

which means it is not circulating the water into the detergent cup or something is blocking water flow to dispenser

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is that something that we can fix or do we need to call someone?

we need to test it first

heres what you can do

#1 fill dishwasher till it stops filling

#2 take two coffee cups (not mugs)

#3 set (up right) on top rack one on left side one on right side, in the center of the rack from front to back.

#4 close door let dishwasher run for 60 sec ,open door look to see if cups are full of water.....

I will hold on

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your patience. Ok water in the bottom, water sounds like its running no water in the cups.

ok that what I figured but wanted to make sure.

you have a bad pump you will need to replace it .

If you give me your model number and ACCEPT I will send you a link to the part.

If you would like to repair it your self.

for a service tech approx repair will be $200-300

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok before that...I am a female, sort of handy not really would I do more damage than good by doing it on my own?

HUMM

I have faith in you and I can also send you a link to a service manual that will give you pictures and step by step instructions ,

but it is up to you Smile if you do not feel safe about doing the repair ,I can not blame you at all .

And just simple hand tools required.

Experience: 30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What the heck....will show up my super non mechanical husband truly show who wears the pants. On the sticker is says MOD then Gu12100XTls3 would that be right?

ok Item #14 is the entire pump assy

http://www.sea rspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getSubComp.pd?pop=true&modelNumber=GU1200XTLS3&productCategoryId=0130000&brandId=1198&modelName=UNDERCOUNTER-DISHWASHER&diagramPageId=00008&componentDescription=PUMP%20AND%20MOTOR%20PARTS&documentId=W0503067&backToLink=Return%20to%20Sub%20Components%20list

this is the link for the service manual

http://www.servicematters.com/site_map/site_map_main.htm

when you go to this site Click on terms on bottom of page

then on next page left side under technical referance

click on job -Aids

then the triangle in front of d/w

then 1/27/2000 voyager dishwasher

this is you manual for your model you can print it off if you would like.

then pump disassembly starts on page 24

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi...did you forget about me?

no I did not ,,

I waited till almost 1A.M.to get a reply on what I sent you , and had to get up a 6A.M. so I logged off

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry that never came through last night. Thank you so very very much for your help. You are absolutely wonderful.
no problem at all thank you!!