Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

I have an Amana refrigerator, ice maker is working but no water

I have an Amana refrigerator, ice maker is working but no water comes out.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 5 years ago.
are you saying no water to the icemaker?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
sorry . . ice maker is fine but no water is coming out of the water spout which is next to ice spout.
oh ok ,,, when you hit the lever for water can you hear the valve buzz on the back
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I hear nothing
pull the fridge out and hold your hand on the water line at the hook up on the back of the fridge and have someone to hit the lever and tell me if you feel it humming or buzzing
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No buzz no sound at all.
when you hit the lever for water do you hear a click
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no
may i have the model number please
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
model #sqd26d or sqd23d
the switch you push for water has been discontinued ,, the part number is XXXXX so i would remove the front dispenser cover and check the switches and make sure they are all hooked you and if you can make them make on the contacts to get it working and other than that i'm sorry but i do not know where to get the part you need ,, you might find a local appliance parts servicer and they may be able to come out and do something with it as hands on / larry

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how would you suggest i get the panel off
?
you pull the slide knob off and start at the bottom corner and snap it loose and work your way up and it will come off
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how do we test it? or do we need to go buy the new part?
just buy the new part which would be a lot easier and quicker ,,, i have to leave for a while and go make arangements for my sons headstone and will be back later if you need me / larry
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service