How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dear technician I have a Kitchenaid KEMS307GBS2 Oven/Microwave

This answer was rated:

Dear technician
I have a Kitchenaid KEMS307GBS2 Oven/Microwave combination which the microwave doesn't work. My wife attempted to use it last night and after closing the door nothing happened.
The inside light does not come on and the keys on the touchpad double beep when pressed.

Thanks Duane
I believe you have a bad door switch in this. there are several door safety switches and you probably have a bad one. the problem with microwaves is they are dangerous to work on. this is the door switch, Part 584526please read this and call a tech out to fix this, at least this gives you an idea of what may be wrong, please read. CPSC Banner

Consumer Product Safety Commission

Electrocution Hazard with Do-It-Yourself Repairs of Microwave Ovens

CPSC Document #5061

The U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) warns against do-it-yourself repairs of microwave ovens. Each year, on average, four people die from electrocution trying to repair their microwave ovens. Microwave ovens use high voltage which makes it particularly hazardous for consumers to remove the cover and touch electrical parts. The possibility for electrical shock from a microwave oven still exists even after the oven is disconnected from the power source. Should certain internal devices fail, even unplugged ovens can cause serious injury.

The Commission strongly recommends that consumers have professionals repair microwave ovens because electrical appliances can be hazardous if consumers expose live electrical parts.



Removing the cover of your microwave oven and touching an electrical part can kill you.

Have a professional repair your microvave oven , hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Bryan and 3 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you

Related Appliance Questions