Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Whirlpool Dryer LER8858 stopped working after I opened the

My Whirlpool Dryer LER8858 stopped working after I opened the door. The door switch is in place, I checked and reset the circuit breakers in my house. The motor is not turning nor am I getting heat. I can hear the timer going when I push the start button but that is all that is happening.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you have a blown thermal fuse in this. Part 2986this is located on the blower assembly ans is around $12.00 , here are some diagrams on how to locate this. its part #7 on this diagram, if you remove the back cover on the dryer it will be on the bottom left side on the blower.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your help. I hope it works.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you can test it by unplugging the dryer and taking the two wires off of it and put them together (for test purposes only! do not leave like that its a safety)tape them so they dont short out and see if the dryer starts, if it does replace it and you will be all set. thanks Bryan