Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Maytag Performa top load washer will not spin a heavier load.

Maytag Performa top load washer will not spin a heavier load. If the machine sits idle for 2 hours of more, the machine will work again. This is a recuring problem, and has happened since the day it was purchased.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
does this shut completley off after trying to spin or does it just spin slowly? and if it shuts off you cant start it again for 2 hours is that right? can you get me the model #? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Model number PAV2300AWW

Serial Number 14957089AJ

machine does not shut off but is making noise like it is trying to spin. Load does not move.

Thanks for the prompt response.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
well the first thing I would check is the belt. Part 1318 the belt will be underneath the machine if you tip it back. did you buy this new?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The belt is OK, I checked it a while ago. This machijne was purchased new.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok this has been doing this since you got it? if so you eather have a bad motor or the brake isnt releasing eather way there had to be a problem since you bought it. how old is it now? Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it is about 2-3 years old.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
to late for warranty unfortunately, well you don't want to make a bad diagnoses on this because its expensive for the parts and should be check by a tech. I would call for service or replace the machine its not going to be something simple if the belt is good. wish I had an easy solution for you but anything but a belt is difficult to repair on these. special tools and knowhow is required, sorry. thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.